Women's Lacrosse

10 Syracuse women’s lacrosse players selected to All-ACC teams

Joe Zhao | Asst. Photo Editor

Ten members of Syracuse women’s lacrosse were named to All-ACC teams, the conference announced Tuesday.

Ten Syracuse women’s lacrosse players were named to the All-Atlantic Coast Conference first, second and freshman teams, the league announced Tuesday. SU led all ACC schools with 10 selections. Four athletes made the First Team, four were placed on the Second Team and two made the Freshman Team.

On the First Team are attacks Emma Tyrrell and Olivia Adamson. After scoring 50 goals this season, Tyrrell made the First Team for the second time in the last three years. Adamson, in her junior season, has broken out, recording a career-high in goals (44) and points (65). Syracuse was the only team with multiple attacks on the First Team.

After missing most of 2023 due to an injury, Kate Mashewske bounced back in her graduate season and placed as the only draw specialist on either team. Selected to the First Team, Mashewske set the program record for draw controls all-time on March 30 versus Louisville.

Rounding out the First Team for SU was defender Katie Goodale. In her senior campaign, Goodale ranks ninth in the country in caused turnovers per game and plays a key role as a wing on the draw control unit. Goodale was one of three defenders selected to the list, along with BC’s Sydney Scales and UNC’s Emily Nalls.

On the Second Team, attack Emma Ward made the cut following a balanced 30-goals and 28-assists campaign. Ward was named to an All-ACC team for the second year in a row.

Natalie Smith was also named to the Second Team following her senior season. The midfielder posted career highs in goals (33) and points (38) while helping Syracuse to an 8-1 mark in the ACC.

Graduate students Bianca Chevarie and Delaney Sweitzer rounded out the Second Team. Chevarie ranked fifth in the conference in ground balls per game with 2.00 while Sweitzer had another impressive season in goal. Defender Kaci Benoit and midfielder Joely Caramelli were selected on the All-Freshman team.

The Orange begin their quest for their second ACC Tournament title in program history Wednesday at 11 a.m. when they face Louisville in the quarterfinals.