Whethan, Saba, Adult Mom to headline Mayfest 2019

Courtesy of University Union

The 2019 Mayfest lineup includes artists Whethan and Adult Mom along with Saba.

Whethan, Saba and Adult Mom will perform at Mayfest 2019, University Union announced Tuesday.

The event will be held on April 26 in Walnut Park, with gates opening at 1 p.m. The performances are free for all Syracuse University and SUNY-ESF undergraduate students with a valid student ID.

Ethan Snorek, a 19 year-old electronic artist better known by his stage name Whethan, garnered critical attention when he began streaming his tracks on SoundCloud in 2016. Since then, he has collaborated with music industry staples such as Dua Lipa, Charli XCX and Flux Pavilion, among others. Whethan has also toured with The Chainsmokers and made festival appearances at Lollapalooza, Coachella and Electric Forest.

Rapper Saba first gained critical acclaim for his 2016 release, “Bucket List Project,” dubbed by Rolling Stone as one of the year’s best rap albums. Ahead of his first headlining tour, Saba’s cousin Walter Long Jr. — known for his stage name John Walt — was fatally stabbed while exiting a CTA train in Chicago.

Saba named Long’s birthday, Nov. 25, as John Walt Day. Saba finished out 2017 with a sold-out performance in his hometown, where he donated all the proceeds to the John Walt Foundation, established in Long’s memory to raise money for local youth involved in the arts. Following a social media hiatus, Saba released his album “CARE FOR ME” in April 2018, which earned critical praise and was included in Spotify’s Most Necessary ranking and Apple Music’s The A-List.

Stephanie Knipe first conceptualized Adult Mom in a Purchase College dorm room in 2012. What originally began as a solo project is now a collaborative band with their friend and fellow musician, Olivia Battell. Through pop songs, Knipe explores their journey through heartbreak and personal growth as a “gender-weird queer,” per a UU press release.

Following the release of their debut LP, “Momentary Lapse of Happily,” Adult Mom’s sophomore LP, “Soft Spots,” explores physical and emotional vulnerabilities and invites listeners into their evolving story.

SU and SUNY-ESF graduate students, SU College of Law students and guests must pre-purchase a ticket for Mayfest 2019 and provide valid college or military ID. Tickets are available for $24 at Schine Box Office, beginning Wednesday at 9 a.m. Backpacks and bags, selfie sticks and personal water bottles will not be allowed in the park.

For further questions or accommodations, contact uupublicrelations@gmail.com.